qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vio-net driver

From: Brian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vio-net driver
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:30:00 -0500

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 08:50:30 PM Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部 wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Do you have any finding for VirtIO Net driver problem?

Nothing jumped out at me after looking over your response. It would still be
nice to know the actual kvm command line options that were used (since I don't
really speak libvirt xml all that well).

> The latest Ubuntu release(v 12.04) still comes with Qemu 0.14.1.
> Did you find any debug report for VirtIO Net driver on qemu 0.14.1?

Hard to say what versions exactly were impacted. I know there were problems
like you reported in earlier versions, but I don't remember exactly what
versions. 12.04 should have qemu-kvm-1.0, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have
problems like you described.

> If we need to upgrade qemu, is there any installation package available
> over the web? Last time, my co-worker upgraded the Qemu by compiling the
> source code. I am wondering that my co-worker might have done something
> wrong during the upgrade process that caused software conflict. Please let
> me know the easiest way to upgrade Qemu for Ubuntu without any hassle.

Usually, you want to use what comes with your distro.