qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows Vista 64 bit on QEMU

From: Edward Tisdale
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows Vista 64 bit on QEMU
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 01:34:20 +0000 (UTC)

Anup Gangwar <anup.gangwar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,Has anyone had success installing (and runnning) Vista 64 bit on
QEMU. I tried it and landed into a variety of windows blue screen errors. The
EFI BIOS also does not seem to be working with the QEMU version in CVS.
> Thanks for the help.Regards,Anup

Yes. I was having the error saying that it couldn't install because it was not
setup for 64bit, then I changed some of the settings in qemu:

Machine Name: Vista
Emulator Type: KVM
Emulator Version: Default
Computer Type: KVM (Intel VT/AMD SV...)