qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vm state save/restore question

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vm state save/restore question
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:16:58 +0200

Juan,

Am 19.06.2012 16:59, schrieb Juan Quintela:
> Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 09.06.2012, at 13:34, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, so I'm told there are patches to convert ppc, I haven't seen them in
>>> my list archives, so if somebody has a pointer, please shoot, that will
>>> save me some work :-)
>
> I can send a new version tomorrow.

I have a patch queued to convert the CPU to a device, which would give
us a VMSD pointer to associate the existing / to be added VMState (one
of my comments on your previous round, to which you haven't replied).
With QBus applied now, that should be mergeable (although Anthony wanted
to take three steps at once, ;) making qdev available in linux-user as
well).

I'm still unclear about whether a change of the index from cpu_index to
-1 as used in qdev would cause any issues? If that were an issue, we
could duplicate the vmsd field into CPUState and would be independent
from deriving from DeviceState.

Regards,
Andreas