qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU mailing list changes

From: Peter Maydell
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:11:09 +0100

On 21 June 2012 19:37, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suggest a small change of the QEMU related mailing lists
> (see https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/):
>
> Replace Qemu-devel by QEMU-devel, Qemu-trivial by QEMU-trivial,
> and so on.
>
> This matches the official project name which is QEMU (not Qemu).
> As far as I know, there is no convention which prefers Qemu-devel,
> and there are mailing lists on lists.nongnu.org with any kind
> of upper and lower case mixed.
>
> Mailing addresses are case insensitive and the links on the server
> are lower case, therefore I expect that the change of the name
> on lists.nongnu.org will work without much trouble.

Technically, local parts in email addresses can be case sensitive
(it's a site decision whether they are). But you're proposing a
change to the Mailman 'real name', as I understand it -- the
'posting name' used in URLs and email addresses by mailman is
always lower case anyway, so it wouldn't change.

-- PMM