qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Attaching EHCI to sysbus.

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Attaching EHCI to sysbus.
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:02:03 +0200

Hi Peter,

Am 25.06.2012 11:34, schrieb Peter Crosthwaite:
> I have a platform (Xilinx Zynq) that has a USB EHCI controller that
> attaches directly to the system bus and not through PCI. We are
> looking for a way to disentangle EHCI from PCI - currently it inherits
> from TYPE_PCI_DEVICE:
>
> static TypeInfo ehci_info = {
>     .name          = "usb-ehci",
>     .parent        = TYPE_PCI_DEVICE,
>     .instance_size = sizeof(EHCIState),
>     .class_init    = ehci_class_init,
> };
>
> How would we go about edit EHCI to inherit from TYPE_SYSBUS_DEVICE as well?

As mentioned recently, I need that for the Tegra platform as well,
please keep me in the loop.

Basically it means adding a second TypeInfo with its own class_init.
We'd need to have PCIEHCIState with PCIDevice as parent and a
SysBusEHCIState with SysBusDevice as parent, sharing a common EHCIState.
The m48t59 comes to mind as example with both ISADevice and
SysBusDevice. Maintaining VMState compatibility is likely going to be
tricky.

Following David's DMA refactoring this also means that the PCI DMA
helpers used in EHCI need to be replaced by the generic ones now
suggested by Ben, as done for OHCI.

Regards,
Andreas