qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: qemu as dynamic binary translation infrastructure

From: Wei-Ren Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: qemu as dynamic binary translation infrastructure
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:22:31 +0800

> Thanks for heading up. i am not sure this software is related to QEMU, but it
> seems that BlueStacks is a system-emulator.
> I would like to learn your experiences of qemu-user.

  If you read carefully the thread mentioned in the link I gave you,
  https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-x86/_3HoNJTi_Y0

It said,

  The QEMU implementation in Bluestacks (and maybe Intel?) is QEMU user mode
emulation. ... If you install Bluestacks (beta or the production version in Asus
Vibe), using adb, you can easily extract a file /system/bin/arm-runtime. This is
the key file which Bluestacks uses to run ARM apps. Perform a binary analysis,
and you will see it is in fact Qemu.

  That might give you a hint. ;)

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,