qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/3] memory: add -disable-mem-merge command-line o

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/3] memory: add -disable-mem-merge command-line option
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:18:14 +0200

Am 25.06.2012 22:39, schrieb Luiz Capitulino:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:26:58 +0200
> Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-06-25 18:55, Luiz Capitulino wrote:
>>> Allow for disabling memory merge support (KSM on Linux), which is
>>> enabled by default otherwise.
>>
>> -machine mem_merge=on|off?
>
> That's possible. But if we do this, then I think that the set-memory-merge QMP
> command should be dropped in favor of doing the same thing via machine
> properties, which should be possible once we convert machine types to QOM?

Machine QOM'ification has been requested to be postponed by Anthony, so
that we can do it really cleanly when we do it.

I don't think we have any official guidelines for QOM naming, but it
seemed to me an unwritten rule that we use the dash for separating name
components whereas command line options coming from KVM seem to use
underscore. For the CPU those were written in stone already so I
manually "translated" '_' to '-' there. Might be worth thinking about
for this and future command line / property additions.

Andreas