qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture

From: Eli Lewis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 03:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

>>  I need to modify

>>  and test a very simple kernel (actually running on a single-core only) on
>>  a multi-core PReP platform; I currently have no real multi-core HW so I am
> looking
>>  for a multi-core PReP emulator.
>
> Why would anyone do PReP today still?

Good
question :-)

am working on an European project about real-time embedded systems and we are
interested in modifying a real-time kernel for PowerPC. The most simplest RTOS
we found was POK, a kernel that supports PReP BSP
only (actually it runs also on x86 and Leon3 but we were interested in
PowerPc). So we modified POK and performed some experiment on single core, now
we would
like to modifyand run it on a
multicore.
Eli