qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes June 29

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes June 29
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:18:45 +0200

Isaku reminds me that I forgot to pust that minutes:

2012-06-19
----------

- migration
 * xbrle: ok
 * huge memory: needs migration-thread, but should be ok
 * postcopy:  ask for latency: maximum/avg/std deviation
              ask for vcpu utilization
              RDMA?
 * xbrle don't fix all the problems (vinod)
 * Freeze is August 1st
 * They asked for better numbers, at least:
   * vcpu utilization (in percentange, Avi)
   * latency of page faults over the network (Anthony)
 * I can integrate your refactorings (postfix) for 1.2 (I have no problems with
   them, 19 1st patches or so, but that is up-to-you and the others).

- multithreading vhost
  * vhost has a lot of challenges with lots of small packets.
  * use a couple of threads by device, one for reception and another for
    sending (Anthony)
  * two problems to address (NUMA locality), and scalability (mst)

(Anthony has better notes of the last part).

Note that I am holidays this week (July 2th), so expect lags on my email
response.

Later, Juan.