qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] tracing guest memory access

From: Ilia K.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] tracing guest memory access
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:44:26 +0300

Hi,
I need to trace all data loads/stores of a guest OS running under qemu (for now, both guest and host are x86-64, and virtual addresses should be sufficient). Looking into qemu-devel archive I see that this subject is brought up not very frequently, but regularly. I know, there is a general tracing support, but I am not sure how suitable it is for such high-volume tracing. Also, some TCG hacking is needed for this to work. Several people has tackled with the subject, particularly, LluĂ­s Vilanova, who still may be around in this mailing list (or should I CC him?). However, I do not see a relevant code in git master.

Anybody knows what is a current state of guest tracing under qemu?
Any pointers to official/unofficial git repos with a (partial) implementation?

--
Thanks,
Ilia.