qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Ask for help with estimate of disassembly speed

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Ask for help with estimate of disassembly speed
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:20:28 +0100

On 12 July 2012 16:30, Евгений Олегович <address@hidden> wrote:
> We will be very glad and grateful, if You can send to us pure DisAsm code
> (DLL with parse function or another files), which speed we can measure. If
> You have another materials(maybe any speed grafics, or a tests set that can
> help us) or thinking of this theme  - it would be very good.

(1) The QEMU disassembler is used for debug logging only so we don't
care much about its performance
(2) For most CPUs we have simply reused the disassembler from
GNU binutils. If you are looking for a comparison for benchmarking
you will find it much easier to use the binutils disassembler directly
(3) This is your project and I think it is very unlikely that you will
find anybody else willing to set up benchmarking infrastructure for
your benefit.

-- PMM