qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu device emulation question

From: Jaikumar G
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu device emulation question
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:23:40 -0700

Folks,
   I am looking into Qemu and trying to understand device emulation better.

Looking at http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-tech.html#Device-emulation, I see that the address in the guest space is directly mapped to the physical address and thus only the offset to it needs to be used in the guest space.

Can anyone elaborate on this as to how is the base address communicated between the system under emulation and qemu for the virtual driver ? Is this communicated using some sort of board file ?

Thanks