qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] q35 and ahci

From: Eric Blake
Subject: [Qemu-devel] q35 and ahci
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:31:46 -0600

> Update on q35 testing with various os's.
>
> Linux
> -----
> -RHEL6.3 installs + runs
> -Fedora 16 install + runs
> -Fedora 17 - squashfs errors
>    running on already installed f17 seems ok.

Pardon my high-level question (I haven't been following q35 threads
closely), but I just looked at http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Q35 for the
first time.  Am I correct that all we are doing is adding a new machine
model, but that it will still be possible to select the older machine
model for migration compatibility when migrating a guest in from an
older qemu?  Does libvirt need to do anything special to its generated
command line to specify the old vs. the new machine model?

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266