qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mapping Hugepage to Guest

From: Haines, Brent R
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mapping Hugepage to Guest
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:20:53 +0000

Thanks for the response.  I should have said in the original post that the
-mem-path and -mem-prealloc flags do not do what I need them to do.  Using the
-mem-path flag passes the hugepage to the guest but does not make the hugepage
still available to the host.  I want to be able to allocate hugepages on the
host and then map those into the guest where both the host and guest can access
the same memory/hugepage.  So making a change on the host will make the same
change on the guest.  Or, as in my application's need, I run the host
application which allocates and initiates memory structures, and I want those
structures to be used by the application running in the guest.