qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [BUG] BSOD on Win2003 Server when 64bit PCI resource is pre

From: Alexey Korolev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] BSOD on Win2003 Server when 64bit PCI resource is present
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:38:47 +0000

HI,

Current version of Seabios is causing blue screen on Windows2003 when 64bit PCI
resource is present and occupies high memory.

BSOD Error code is: 0x000000A5 (0x02, 0xFFFFfADF6A446880, 0x1,
0xFFFFFADFAA34690)

The issue is localized, it is related to presence of 64bit resource in _CRS
method.

If we disable a 64bit region from _CRS  the Win2003 load normally but this
doesn't allow Windows to use 64bit resources.

At the moment I have no idea how to fix this. Please help!

P/S
Yet another issue is related to debug messages.
If I add any DBUG call in acpi-dst it will cause BSOD on win2003 (win2008 works
fine)