qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] BSOD on Win2003 Server when 64bit PCI resource is

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG] BSOD on Win2003 Server when 64bit PCI resource is present
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:27:14 -0400

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:38:47PM +0000, Alexey Korolev wrote:
> HI,
>
> Current version of Seabios is causing blue screen on Windows2003 when 64bit
> PCI resource is present and occupies high memory.
>
> BSOD Error code is: 0x000000A5 (0x02, 0xFFFFfADF6A446880, 0x1,
> 0xFFFFFADFAA34690)
>
> The issue is localized, it is related to presence of 64bit resource in _CRS
> method.
>
> If we disable a 64bit region from _CRS  the Win2003 load normally but this
> doesn't allow Windows to use 64bit resources.
>
> At the moment I have no idea how to fix this. Please help!

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to debug acpi issues on Windows.
Gerd's been on vacation this week - so, lets give him a chance to look
at it when he gets back.  If it can't be resolved, we'll need to
revert the patch that broke Win2003.

> P/S
> Yet another issue is related to debug messages.
> If I add any DBUG call in acpi-dst it will cause BSOD on win2003 (win2008
> works fine)

I've seen this as well (on WinXP - I don't have Win2003).
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find out why the debug macro
fails on these older versions of Windows.

-Kevin