qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Running KVM guest on X86

From: Bhushan Bharat-R65777
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM guest on X86
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:40:27 +0000

Hi Avi/All,

I am facing issue to boot KVM guest on x86 (I used to work on PowerPC platform
and do not have enough knowledge of x86). I am working on making VFIO working
on PowerPC Booke, So I have cloned Alex Williamsons git repository, compiled
kernel for x86 on fedora with virtualization configuration (selected all kernel
config options for same). Run below command to boot Guest (I have not provided
vfio device yet):

"qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -nographic -kernel
arch/x86_64/boot/bzImage -initrd /boot/initramfs-3.5.0-rc4+.img -serial
tcp::4444,server,telnet"

After the I can see qemu command line (able to run various commands like "info
registers" etc), while guest does not boot (not even the first print comes).

Can anyone help in what I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks
-Bharat