qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM guest on X86

From: Alex Williamson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running KVM guest on X86
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:08:32 -0600

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 18:06 +0000, Bhushan Bharat-R65777 wrote:

> [...]

No, what I'm suggesting is to get an ISO image of the distribution you
want to run on the guest and use the -cdrom <iso image> -boot d options
to boot the VM from the ISO and install onto your disk image.  If you
want to make the process even easier, use something like virt-manager to
install the guest, then use the disk image directly with qemu if you
want.  Thanks,

Alex