qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug: E1000 kernel panic when transferring files over pr

From: Richard Davies
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug: E1000 kernel panic when transferring files over private network
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:02:31 +0100

Just to be clear - we are sure that it is the virtualization host networking
problems which are triggering this VM OS nic driver crash, and we haven't
described these here anything like well enough to reproduce the situation -
they are complex.

However, in the same situation, a VM with rtl8139 or virtio network cards
doesn't crash, so I believe that the e1000 crash is evidence of some kind of
bug in the e1000 driver which is triggered in our specific situation.

Hopefully the backtrace gives enough information to identify what that e1000
driver bug might be?

Richard.