qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How does ARM VFP is emulated?

From: Oi Khote
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How does ARM VFP is emulated?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:53:31 -0400

I am new to QEMU  was wondering how QEMU emulates the VFP for an arm processor . On a qemued debian qrmel  machine for a floating point program all the intruction sin assembly program are not using fxxx instructions but that program still works correctly. I checked the config file for versatile, there  it shows me CONFIG_VFP=y.

Where as if a put a linaro versatile  armhf  ubuntu release on qemu , it does contain floating point instructions in assembly and it works fine too.

So how exactly does VFP is being emulated.

Thanks,
oikhote