qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows slow boot: contractor wanted

From: Troy Benjegerdes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows slow boot: contractor wanted
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:53:43 -0500

I'd be interested in working on this.. What I'd like to propose is to write
an automated regression test harness that will reboot the host hardware, and
start booting up guest VMs and report the time-to-boot, as well as relative
performance of the running VMs.

For best results, I'd need access to the specific hardware you are using.

I'd also like to release the test harness back to the community, so I would
like some feedback from the mailing list on what kinds of tests should be
written that would provide the best information for the KVM developers.

What do you want to know, and what is the most usefull data to record to
debug this and future performance regressions?