qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows slow boot: contractor wanted

From: Troy Benjegerdes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows slow boot: contractor wanted
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:22:58 -0500

> > I've now triggered a very slow boot at 3x 36GB 8-core VMs on a 128GB host
> > (i.e. 108GB on a 128GB host).
> >
> > It has the same profile with _raw_spin_lock_irqsave and
> > isolate_freepages_block at the top.
>
> Then it's still memory starved.
>
> Please provide /proc/zoneinfo while this is happening.

Is there a way to capture/reproduce this 'slow boot' behavior with
a simple regression test? I'd like to know if it happens on a
single-physical CPU socket machine, or just on dual-sockets.

I'm also observing an interesting phenomenon here.. Kernel development
can move so fast as to make regression testing pointless. ;)