qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is is possible to virtualise or share the TPM?

From: Corey Bryant
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is is possible to virtualise or share the TPM?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:05:31 -0400

On 08/21/2012 06:31 AM, Jordi Cucurull Juan wrote:
Dear all,

After applying the TPM patches to QEMU, I was wondering if it is
possible to simultaneously use the TPM in more than one virtual machine,
i.e. virtualisation of the TPM.

According to the paper "Stefan Berger, Ramón Cáceres, Kenneth A.
Goldman, Ronald Perez, Reiner Sailer, Leendert van Doorn. vTPM:
Virtualizing the Trusted Platform Module" this seems to be possible in
Xen. Is not possible in QEMU?

Thanks!
Jordi.

I don't think the pass-through driver supports use by multiple VMs. Stefan Berger should be able to answer better so I'm adding him to the thread.

--
Regards,
Corey