qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Network Passthrough configuration!

From: GaoYi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Network Passthrough configuration!
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:35:27 +0800

Hi all,

   I am trying to implement pci passthrough for network card according to this guideline: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM.
   The configuration steps were all ok. However, when I started the guest by:
             qemu-img -boot c -hda readhat.img -device pci-assign,host=XX:00.0,
 the network of the guest failed. And the host shell reported: cannot read from host /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000.XXX/rom. I am very sure the PCI is rightly selected from commands like "lspci -n". So what is the full command line to start a guest with network being OK?
   Besides, how to configure the libvirt XML file so that passthrough can work well from Virsh tools?
   Any response will be appreciated.

Yi