qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qcow2: online snasphots : internal vs external ?

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qcow2: online snasphots : internal vs external ?
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:25:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
I'm currently looking to add live snapshot support to proxmox kvm distribution.

Is it possible to use internal snapshots on a running guest running qcow2 disk?
(qemu-img snapshot -c ) ?

I see some old mails about possible corruption, that's why I tell the question.

Or do I need to use external snapshots with qmp blockdev-snapshot-sync ?
(Seem more complex to delete old snapshots)

Regards,

Alexandre Derumier.