qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesda, August 28th

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesda, August 28th
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:27:07 -0300

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 02:55:56PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 28 August 2012 14:30, Eduardo Habkost <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - 1.2 branching, or creation of a "cpu-next" tree where "good to be
> >   merged" patches can live until 1.2 is done;
>
> With 1.3 due for release in just over a week, it seems unlikely
> that it's worth branching at this point...

Well, the closer to the release, the smaller the cost of branching as we
won't have many patches entering the 1.2 branch, anyway.

But in the end, this is more a problem of patch review capacity, than
about having a branch created. One can easily create a branch somewhere
(I am going to create a "cpu-next" branch for the patches that seem to
be "ready to go"), and propose to get it merged after 1.2 is out. But
the problem is to have enough eyeballs to look at it to decide if each
patch should go into that branch, or not.

--
Eduardo