qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] External RAM

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] External RAM
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 16:59:31 +0200

Hi,

Am 29.08.2012 15:38, schrieb Brian Roantree:
> I am using QEMU 0.15.90 to emulate a processor and have currently got it
> running in a loosely timed simulation with a systemC kernel as well,

Generally you will get more specific answers when asking about the
current code base - we're about to release v1.2.

In this case, the memory allocation (GLib), the Memory API and the
object model for devices (QOM) have all three changed significantly
since v0.15, so if you ever want to have your modifications included
upstream you'll end up redoing everything a second time almost from
scratch - which your watching boss might not be so happy about. ;)

Not sure if "SystemC kernel" is just your guest kernel or one of the
forked versions of QEMU with SystemC support, in the latter case you
should cc its maintainers on your questions and may want to poke them to
upstream their changes to avoid the diversion sketched above.

Regards,
Andreas