qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for usb-next]: Move usb-redir over to using more

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for usb-next]: Move usb-redir over to using more usb-core infra + misc ehci fixes
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 10:36:11 +0200

  Hi,

> I've made a tree with my current usb-redir work for upstream here:
> including some more ehci fixes is here, can you please add the
> patches from there to your usb-next tree?

In general it is better to work against master not usb-next as usb-next
is a moving target.  A little hard in this case as there is a noticable
usb queue waiting for 1.3 development open and you have dependencies on
patches queued up ...

>       usb-redir: Convert to new libusbredirparser 0.5 API

This one adds a hard dependency on the latest libusbredirparser.  Can we
make this optional without too much fuss, so qemu continues to build
with older versions, at least for a while?  For example disable live
migration support if we find an older libusbredir version?

cheers,
  Gerd