qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1.2 Stable released

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1.2 Stable released
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:46:34 +0400

On 06.09.2012 03:51, Michael Roth wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the QEMU v1.1.2 stable release is now
> available at:
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.1.2.tar.bz2
>
> The official stable-1.1 repository has also been updated to v1.1.2:
>
> http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu-stable-1.1.git;a=summary
>
> This is the last planned release for 1.1 as we move on to supporting
> the 1.2 series, but any parties interested in further maintaining the
> 1.1 series can contact me or Anthony (on CC).

I definitely want to have a good stable series or just a flow of fixes
which are candidates for -stable, be it for 1.2 release or any prior
release.  I know Andreas Färber maintains a stable tree based on 0.15
version for Suse, last Ubuntu LTS release includes qemu[-kvm] 1.0
(or pre-1.1) and so on.

So at least, please, pretty please, do NOT forget about Cc'ing qemu-stable
on anything which are fixes for old bugs, please do NOT stop this flow
to qemu-stable.

I will maintain qemu[-kvm] in Debian Wheezy, it is based on 1.1 version.
So I will have a 1.1."debian-stable" tree on git.debian.org.  I can try
to maintain some "more public" tree if it is useful to anyone.

But whenever I'm up to the task, whenever such a maintenance will be
successful - I don't know.  It is the first time when some more or less
established -stable series exists, before 1.0 release most fixes were
quiet and had never been applied/backported to previous versions.  This
is why this qemu-stable flow is so important -- to at least let people
know there's something which needs fixing.

In short: even if it will be the last official 1.1.x release, please,
do not forget about -stable! :)

Thank you!

/mjt