qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/14] usb patch queue

From: Hans de Goede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/14] usb patch queue
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:21:11 +0200

Hi,

On 09/14/2012 10:27 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Are any of the bugfixes worth to apply to previous or new -stable
series?  I know usbredir configure fix is needed, anything else?

Gerd Hoffmann (2):
       usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket

This.

       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8

This.

       usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
       uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set

And these two.

I think the other ehci bugfixes are mostly needed for usbredir
migration, so I'd leave them out for stable.  Hans?

I would consider these stable candidates too:

1)       ehci: Don't set seen to 0 when removing unseen queue-heads
2)       ehci: Don't process too much frames in 1 timer tick (v2)
3)       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8

1) Fixes us canceling packets we should not cancel when we hit a high timer
latency directly after the doorbell
2) Fixes streaming isoc data failing with "failed to resubmit urb (-27) errors
in dmesg in the guest with Linux guests, this bug has existed for ages, but
migration triggered it almost always, making me look into it
3) Is an obvious bugfix in itself, I'm not sure there are any guests hitting
this,
but the fix is so trivial it cannot hurt.

Regards,

Hans