qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] directory hierarchy

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] directory hierarchy
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 18:45:10 +0200

Il 14/09/2012 18:09, Kevin Wolf ha scritto:
> Cleaning up the main directory is probably a good idea. However, we
> should be aware that renaming comes with a cost: Some git commands on a
> single file need additional options (git log --follow) to work well
> across renames, for others you need to know the old name in the commit
> you're looking at (I'm thinking of git blame here).

I think there was some magic for git blame.

> So let's try hard to move files only when we are very sure that they are
> in the right place afterwards, so that we don't have the pain twice.

Yes, and that's why I'm leaving hw/ aside.

The only problem is include files, which might be moved twice if they
are further refactored (first in include/, and later to
subsystem-specific subdirectories).

I'll try however to look for header files that can be moved to one of
the new subdirectories, and move them there.

Paolo