qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] EHCI USB regression in 1.2.0 - ehci_state_fetchqtd() as

From: Hans de Goede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] EHCI USB regression in 1.2.0 - ehci_state_fetchqtd() asserting
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:03:28 +0200

Hi,

On 09/21/2012 08:46 PM, Shawn Starr wrote:
On Friday, September 21, 2012 07:35:42 PM Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 09/21/2012 05:39 PM, Shawn Starr wrote:
On Friday, September 21, 2012 02:19:08 PM Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

<snip>

Ok, so your using host redirection here, see the device usb-host

In addition, if i disable usb-redirection device the cam works as it did
before (although like before, the video image is upside down in some
applications).

When you say disable the usb-redirection device, do you mean removing
the host redirection, and selecting the cam for redirection in a
spice client (ie remote-viewer) instead, or... ?

Can you please try, disabling host-redirection, then connecting to
the vm with remote-viewer and then selecting the cam from
remote-viewers UI?

Thanks,

Hans

Hi Hans,

I am using usb-host and it works. If I keep usb-host and add
usb-redirection it shows those errors.

Hmm, this sounds like you are using spice usb-redir too and the 2 are
fighting each other. Which spice-client are you using? And are you plugging
in the device after starting up the vm ?

Your patch however did fix using host-usb alone.

Good.

I don't have a setup that can let me use usb-redirection unfortunately.

Why not? Looking at your qemu cmdline you are using spice. Hmm, I guesss you
may want to keep the device redirected when no client is connected?

Using spicec, it doesn't give me an option to connection devices.

spicec is deprecated you really should be using remote-viewer instead. That
will give you an option to select devices.

> I assume
usb-redirection for devices *not* on the same machine as the running VM? If
so, that use case I wasn't testing originally (although useful)

spice's usbredirection works fine locally too, and it gives you a nice
UI to redirect usb devices, without needing to need usb-ids, etc.

Anyway, if you could remove the host-redirection temporarily and try with
spice usb-redir and collect logs that would be great. If you don't have
time for that, that is ok too, then I'll consider this issue resolved.

I consider the issue resolved solely on usb-host issue vs any regressions with
usb-redirection itself which I never used/tried.

However, if someone can point out how you can test this, I can do this also.

See above :)

Regards,

Hans