qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RfC] using pixman in qemu for raster ops

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RfC] using pixman in qemu for raster ops
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:31:05 +0100

On 25 September 2012 09:47, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Even though pixman is used by core linux packages it is still a young
> project. On older distros (RHEL-5 for example) it isn't included and
> must be compiled manually.

For me "not a standard library package on RHEL5" is a strong argument
against adding a hard dependency. (For instance, most of the compute
cluster machines here are RHEL5 and it would be pretty awkward to
deal with manually building a dependent library.)

So they're a new library -- how good are they at API/ABI stability?

I also note that http://pixman.org/ says "There is currently no
documentation besides the source code itself", which makes me
really really wary of using it.

-- PMM