qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for September 25th

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for September 25th
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 07:57:53 -0500

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> Il 24/09/2012 13:28, Juan Quintela ha scritto:
>> Hi
>>
>> Please send in any agenda items you are interested in covering.
>
> URI parsing library for glusterfs: libxml2 vs. in-tree "fork" of the
> same code.

The call is a bit late for Bharata but I think copying is the way to go.

Something I've been thinking about since this discussion started
though.  Maybe we could standardize on using URIs as short-hand syntax
for backends.

For example:

qemu -hda file:///foo.img

Or:

qemu -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=tap:///vnet0?script=/etc/qemu-ifup

Or:

qemu -device \
      isa-serial,index=0,chr=tcp://localhost:1025/?server=on&wait=off

This works particularly well with a "treat unknown options as -device"
mechanism so that we could do:

qemu -isa-serial chr=tcp://localhost:1025/?server=on&wait=off

We could even introduce a secondary implied option to shorten this
further to:

qemu -isa-serial tcp://localhost:1025/?server=on&wait=off

Regards,

Anthony Liguori