qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How vga works when playing a video?

From: ZHANG Zhaolong
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How vga works when playing a video?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:41:29 +0800

Hi all,

I am new to QEMU and reading codes in vga.c console.c and sdl.c.

I learned that SDL receives input events, calls vga_update_display() which
finally calls sdl_update() to refresh the qemu window on the screen.

I also learned that console_refresh() and console_puts() will call
sdl_update(), too.

But I wordered what happend when playing a video? Does it write
decoded video data to
DisplaySurface->data, and call sdl_update() to render them on the
screen? If the
guest OS write some data to vram, which function is called to render
the changed data
in vram to the screen, and how?

Many thanks!
--