qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] a user here - pci-assign

From: lejeczek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] a user here - pci-assign
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:46:10 +0100

thanks Alex for your patience, appreciate it I do

what would be the droids I need?
I'm experiencing guests' "puzzling" behavior and was suggested that command line arguments were wrong/incomplete.

same box/hardware and radeon 5450 and ...
- winXP-32bit -> OK - I assumed getting the guest on a external computer monitor was an ultimate test - win7-64bit -> OS reports device as disabled cause the device reported an error

same box as above and geforce gt640 and ..
for both XP and 7 report device with exclamation marks (thus did not even bother to connect any screens like in working case with XP & radeon)

I'll try to get hold of ROMs of the cards, meanwhile, how can I troubleshoot it? how to get more verbose feedback and what to specifically look for?

many thanks