qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Qemu boot device precedence over nvram boot-

From: Avik Sil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Qemu boot device precedence over nvram boot-device setting
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:05:15 +0530

So you want to hack around the problem. If -boot is specified what
device are you going to boot from?

It is going to boot from the device specified in -boot as default_boot_order is
set to 0 in that case.

Imagine you have 2 controllers:

   * vio
   * virtio

and you specify -boot c. Which device are you going to boot from?

Currently, by default SLOF boots from the first disk it discovers in the device
tree.

So you want to replace one broken scheme with another broken scheme? :)

Ha ha, actually we hit this issue in some different context with respect to nvram boot-device which I mentioned in [1]. The patch is a workaround for that issue only.

Regards,
Avik

Alex

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-ppc/2012-10/msg00020.html