qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:07:09 +0100

On 3 October 2012 22:37, reed kotler <address@hidden> wrote:
> A year and half ago, I did a complete implementation  for Mips DSP in Qemu.
> My port has passed all the MIPS AVPs (Architectural Verification Programs)
> for DSP, which is something not available to the public but is what all
> architectural licenses and internal groups are required to pass.

> It was about to get finally pushed upstream and then this new port appeared.

...you could have mentioned this back in March when Jia first sent
his DSP related patches...

> I would like to still submit our patches .
>
> Please advise.

Well, if your patches are in what you believe to be a clean and
ready-for-upstream state anyway, you might as well submit them to
the mailing list so we can look at them. (you might want to read
http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch if you haven't already.)

I also note that target-mips/ is currently in the "Odd Fixes"
maintenance state -- is anybody at MIPS in a position to step
up and help with bug fixing and patch review of that area?

-- PMM