qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu

From: johan marx
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] spidev with omap3 running on qemu
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 09:24:03 +0000

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm building with qemu-linaro and launching qemu with "qemu-system-arm -M overo -m 512M -sd sd-image.img -clock unix -display none -serial stdio".
For the spi device, I thought of using the omap_spi. I have been playing around last night with the spi_create_device function and I was able to have data going through. I used the tsc2005 device as the omap_spi device reported "Property '.channel' not found".
My final aim being to use qemu in a simulator, I would have to send the spi data to the PC linux side where the emulated hardware will be. I'm therefore not yet sure if it is not easier for me to develop my own spi device directly instead of putting another layer on top of the omap_spi.
Regards,
Johan