qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Ubuntu/Debian Installer + Virtio-SCSI -> Bad ram pointe

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Ubuntu/Debian Installer + Virtio-SCSI -> Bad ram pointer
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 06:53:55 +0100

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Peter Lieven <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 30.10.2012 19:27, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
>> Please also post the exact qemu-kvm version you are using.  I can see
>> it's based on qemu-kvm-1.2.0 but are there any patches applied (e.g.
>> distro packages may carry patches so the full package version
>> information would be useful)?
>
> I use vanilly qemu-kvm 1.2.0 with some cherry picked patches. I will
> retry with untouched qemu-kvm 1.2.0 and latest git tomorrow at latest.

Please post the source tree including applied patches.  For example,
you could push to a public git repo.  This is necessary so that we can
dig into the source tree to figure out where the bug lies.

There are some other interesting questions that Ronnie has raised, so
perhaps they will lead to the answer if you cannot publish the tree at
the moment.

My next question is: have you tested qemu.git/master?

Stefan