qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] monitor/qmp no longer working with -enable-kvm

From: Gabriel L. Somlo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] monitor/qmp no longer working with -enable-kvm
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:21:10 -0400

Jan,

After my most recent pull from qemu git master, I realized I can no
longer use '-monitor stdio' together with '-enable-kvm'. They each
work separately, but when used together, qemu dies with the following
error:

$ bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -monitor stdio
failed to initialize KVM: Interrupted system call
No accelerator found!

I did a git bisect and the culprit appears to be
commit ac4119c023c72b15f54238af43e4a178fcf41494
(chardev: Use timer instead of bottom-half to postpone open event)

Thanks,
--Gabriel