qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Usin AMRV4T in QEMU 1.2.0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Usin AMRV4T in QEMU 1.2.0
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:24:53 +0100

On 6 November 2012 16:55, Reinier Millo Sánchez <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to use ARMV4T in QEMU 1.2.0. I want emulate a pure ARMV4T with
> ARM920T core. I have modified the sources in target-arm and compiled a Hello
> World application for core ARM920T in ARMV4t arch using the
> arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc compiler provided by Ubuntu for cross compile
> (arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o Test -mcpu=arm920t -march=armv4t -Wa,-mcpu=arm920t
> -Wa,-march=armv4t Test.c). When I execute it, in user mode using qemu-arm,
> it crash executing a long branch with link (1111100011011111).

(1) The Ubuntu cross toolchain does not support compiling for pre-v7
targets -- it doesn't have a v4t-only libgcc, only a v7 one, so when
that is linked into your binary then it will not work on a v4t target.
You'll need to find a different cross compiler which does support
targeting v4T. (Maybe the debian or codesourcery ones??)

(2) QEMU doesn't support emulating the ARM920T.

-- PMM