qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VHDX support

From: Mario Premke
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VHDX support
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 13:37:27 +0100

Is anyone currently working on VHDX (as opposed to VHD) support, as used
by the most recent version of Hyper-V? If not, would you be interested
in patches?

I'm not aware of anyone working on it yet. Patches are welcome, of course.

Kevin

VHDX conversion seems to work already with qemu-img 1.1.1.
I have a VHDX image, changed the file ending to vhd and tried:

qemu-img convert -O raw WinXP.vhd test.raw

There were no errors or any other output, then to my astonishment:

qemu-kvm -hda test.raw &

... booted the old image on the spot.

Is it possible that the changes from vhd to vhdx are transparent to qemu-img?

Regards,
Mario