qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Migration ToDo list

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Migration ToDo list
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:18:54 +0100

Hi

If you have anything else to put, please add.

Migration Thread
* Plan is integrate it as one of first thing in December (me)
* Remove copies with buffered file (me)

Bitmap Optimization
* Finish moving to individual bitmaps for migration/vga/code
* Make sure we don't copy things around
* Shared memory bitmap with kvm?
* Move to 2MB pages bitmap and then fine grain?

QIDL
* Review the patches (me)

PostCopy
* Review patches?
* See what we can already integrate?
  I remember for last year that we could integrate the 1st third or so

RDMA
* Send RDMA/tcp/.... library they already have (Benoit)
* This is required for postcopy
* This can be used for precopy

General
* Change protocol to:
  a) being always 16byte aligned (paolo said that is faster)
  b) do scatter/gather of the pages?

Fault Tolerance
* That is built on top of migration code, but I have nothing to add.

Any more ideas?

Later, Juan.