qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] slow virtio network with vhost=on and multiple cores

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] slow virtio network with vhost=on and multiple cores
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:35:55 +0100

Am 13.11.2012 um 17:33 schrieb Michael S. Tsirkin:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 06:22:56PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

>>> anyone?
>>
>> Looks like the problem is not in the guest: I tried ubuntu guest
>> on a rhel host, I got 8GB/s with vhost and 4GB/s without
>> on a host to guest banchmark.
>>

> Tried with upstream qemu on rhel kernel and that's even a bit faster.
> So it's ubuntu kernel. vanilla 2.6.32 didn't have vhost at all
> so maybe their vhost backport is broken insome way.

That might be. I think Dietmar was reporting that he had problems
with Debian. They likely use the same back port.

Is it correct that with kernel_irqchip the IRQs are
delivered to all vCPUs? Without kernel_irqchip (in qemu-kvm 1.0.1
for instance) they where delivered only to vCPU 0. This scenario
was working.

Peter