qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QOMification of SCU in a9mpcore

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QOMification of SCU in a9mpcore
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:35:50 +0000

On 19 November 2012 05:23, Peter Crosthwaite
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Im currently doing some re-factoring in and around the A9mpcore for
> our work on dynamic machine model creation. Id like to change the SCU
> component currently implemented in a9mpcore to be its own QOM object,
> just like with the GIC and the mptimer. Any reasons not to? Would this
> change be acceptable or is there a motivation to have it as one
> object? If changed, A9 mpcore will become just a container object for
> the three submodules, GIC, mptimer and SCU.

Sounds like a sensible cleanup to me. I think at the time I last
worked on the mpcore objects I was mostly interested in pulling
out the common bits (ie mptimer) and didn't worry so much about
the bits that were genuinely core specific. But splitting out
the SCU is really the right way to model it.

Better done sooner than later (ie months, not years), at some point
we're going to have to stop allowing ourselves to break ARM migration
compatibility...

-- PMM