qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-stable-1.1

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-stable-1.1
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:59:33 +0400

Hello.

I'm trying to pick whatever fixes applicable for 1.1.x series of qemu
and qemu-kvm.  Since Michael Roth said he will not be releasing more
1.1.x series, I think I can at least try to do that.  Qemu-1.1 will
be included in upcoming Debian Wheezy release, so we're interested
in keeping it stable.

I've a git tree and a branch which I created for this purpose, available
at http://git.corpit.ru/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stable-1.1-queue
(git://git.corpit.ru/qemu.git#stable-1.1-queue ) -- this is the patches
I picked from upstream git tree which - in my opinion - are applicable
for 1.1.x.

Please take a look.  This is the first time I'm trying to do something like
that, and am not sure if that's okay or not.  Also, if there are any other
fixes missing in there but should be, please ping me (or qemu-stable@).

I plan to send out notifications about each change included there, in
order to confirm that's okay.  References to any scripts that may help
there are definitely welcome.

There are quite a few more fixes I'd add, especially in the USB front,
but this area received too much changes past 1.1 version, including
switching to asyncronous processing, so backporting stuff appears to
be quite a bit difficult.

Also, there are a few important changes which were posted to list (with
pull requests too), but has not been merged for quite a while.  Again,
if there are some tools to help tracking such patches (like, to notify
me on `git remote update' that some patch has been applied), please
mention it, -- I'm trying to find something in this area.

The git branch mentioned above is somewhat volatile, ie, I can rebase
it at any time, when it becomes clear that some patch/change in there
is not applicable for stable series.

Many of the fixes in there are applicable for 1.2.x stable release too,
but since Michael said he will be doing that series, I'm not tracking
these.  I can help here as well, if there's a need.

Thank you for your attention.

/mjt