qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TCP based PCIE request forwarding

From: lementec fabien
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TCP based PCIE request forwarding
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:26:17 +0100

Hi,

I modified the protocol so that new message types can be
added easily. It is necessary for control related messages,
such as the hello one (I called it init). A type field has
been added to the header.

I did not include a is_reply (or is_request) field, and
prefered having 2 distinct message types. This is because
one may imagine a message type that has no reply (ie. ping ...)

Out of order reception is allowed by the use of a tag field
in request and replies. I did not included the tag in the
header, since not all the messages may need a tag. I plan
to implement this tag as a simple incrementing counter, so
made it large enough.

I did not implement these modifications yet, since I prefer
having feedbacks first. Neither did I have a look to the
the command line option parsing.

Regards,

Fabien.