qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qmp problems with --enable-kvm

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qmp problems with --enable-kvm
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:33:24 -0200

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:24:14 -0200
Luiz Capitulino <address@hidden> wrote:

> > It seems like mon->mc->command_mode is set wrong, looking at
> > qmp_cmd_mode and its callers.  Luiz may have more ideas.
>
> Checking. What I've just found is that qmp_capabilites will fail if the
> VM is stopped (!?).

It's a regression somewhere. I doubt it's qmp, but could be.

Here are the symptoms, Doc:

 1. Start qemu and stop it right away. Connect to the QMP socket and you
    won't get qmp's greeting

 2. Start qemu, connect to the QMP socket and run the qmp_capabilities
    command. Then stop qemu and disconnect from the qmp socket and connect
    again: you'll see you're still in the previous session

I do not get this with qemu 1.0.

Dietmar got this because the suspend command automatically stops the VM
after migration...

Bisecting...