qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 6/8] qdev-properties.c: separate core from the cod

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 6/8] qdev-properties.c: separate core from the code used only by qemu-system-*
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 17:13:22 -0200

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 08:05:43PM +0100, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 04.12.2012 20:01, schrieb Eduardo Habkost:
> >>
> >> Please add braces, use checkpatch.pl.

> >> Also here.
> >

> > This is pure code movement, and I won't introduce changes in the code
> > while it is being moved to not make patch review harder.
>
> > If you want to send coding style patches for that code after it is
> > moved, be my guest.
>
> No. Patches are required to pass checkpatch.pl (i.e., + lines in the
> patch need braces). That means if not in the same patch for movement
> reasons, Coding Style cleanups need to be done in advance, not as
> followup. (same issue as in his AREG0 series)

I had the feeling that the amount of cleanup (included but not limited
to coding style changes) I was doing before introducing actual code
changes was making some of my series harder to review. If making coding
style changes first is preferred, I can do it. I will try to send v10 of
this series today.

> Andreas
>
> P.S. Dropping unrelated parts of the quotes makes requested changes
> easier to spot. There was a ditto hidden somewhere down. ;)

ACK.  :)

--
Eduardo